Open Every Day
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
2. Add onion and ½ teaspoon salt and stir until coated with oil.
3. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook stirring occasionally; until onion is soft, about 10 minutes (if onion begins to burn after 5 minutes, reduce heat to low).
4. Add garlic and chili powder and cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beef and cook, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, until pink—about 3 minutes.
2. Add ¼ teaspoon pepper, brown sugar, tomato puree, ketchup, water, and hot pepper sauce. Simmer until mixture is slightly thicker than ketchup, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon meat mixture on hamburger buns and serve.