Lettuce Wraps fr. Hill & Hollow Farm
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef or other protein of your choice!
- 8oz. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 head lettuce (butter if possible)
- black pepper to taste
Saute ground beef over medium heat for a few minutes.When it starts to brown, add mushrooms, carrots, bamboo shoots, ginger, garlic.Once carrots start to soften, add coconut aminos, aleppo pepper/red pepper flakes black pepper and fish sauce.Mix everything together until well combined and cook for 5 more minutes.Remove from heat and cool slightly. Serve with butter lettuce.
The lettuce wrap recipe is about the most versatile there is: pick your favorite stuffing, whisk up any sauce or spice mix, wrap and eat. A fun new way to enjoy the lettuce.