Open Every Day
September 9, 2016
Join the Nashville Farmers' Market as we celebrate the spiciest international event of the summer—it's time for Pepperfest, sponsored by Ously Ouch Salsa! On September 17th, 2016, don't miss your opportunity to experience the diverse spicy food options at our market, and to shop for fresh pepper varieties grown by our local farmers. Purchase and sample hand-made foods from our many international food artisans, and enjoy live, traditional Latin American dance troups and musicians. Enter your best stuffed peppers in our Stuff a Pepper Recipe Contest, and watch Chef Julio Hernandez of Foxland Southern Grill demonstrate his recipe for Chicken Tinga with a Spanish-influenced piperade stew in the Edible Kitchen.
Here are more examples of the exciting events happening at Pepperfest!
- Kick off the Pepperfest weekend with our Night Market on Friday, September 16th, from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Chef demonstrations in the Edible Kitchen - Watch Chef Julio Hernandez of Foxland Southern Grill prepare a traditional Pueblan chicken tinga with a Spanish-influenced piperade stew. Demos at 10 and 11 am.
- Free Spicy Sauces Tasting Table - Taste the many flavors of the market, including Korean gochuchaung, Mexican salsas, Southern Barbecue sauces, and more!
- Stuff a Pepper Recipe Contest - Enter your best stuffed peppers into our contest, and win prizes from the Nashville Farmers' Market. We accept any kind of pepper stuffed with any flavors you love!
- Live Radio Broadcast - ACTIVA 1240am will be on-location with giveaways and prizes.
-Baila! Mariachi Dancers - Watch a live performance of a traditional Jaliscan mariachi dance, along with live Latin American musicians.
- Locally-grown peppers - Find plenty of peppers available to purchase, from the sweetest bell peppers to the hottest habaneros.